4.1.2 Strengthen the ASEAN ATM System – Workshop 2: Airspace Design Improvements
March 04, 2019
The activity was kindly hosted by Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore from 19 to 21 February 2019 at Raffles City Convention Centre in Singapore.
The objective of the workshop:
Improve the understanding and use of the ASEAN Sim&Mod function through examples of different airspace design improvement cases, together with a visit to the ATM Research Institute;
Share European experiences on the preparation and conduct of airspace design improvement projects, such as Trajectory Based Operations, the implementation of Free Routes Airspace and other modern airspace design and management concepts and technologies.
Documents and presentation delivered during the workshop are available for viewing/download at the following link
4.2.3(b): Support ASEAN ATM Master Plan – Deployment of the 5 prioritised initiatives - AIDC
September 19, 2019
The activity will be kindly hosted Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur from 18 to 20 September 2019. The objectives of the workshop including:
Support the ASEAN Member States in the continued deployment of the initiatives agreed as priorities in the ASEAN ATM Master Plan;
Share European experiences on issues that needs to be considered when implementing data interchange between units equipped with automated ATS systems through presentations and discussions on issues and challenges faced in Europe when implementing OLDI;
Discuss the newly developed EUROCONTROL OLDI specification and its associated Guidance Material in order to share with the ASEAN experts what is considered the best practices of OLDI exchanges implementation; and
Develop ASEAN-wide agreement the structure and main content of the road maps for an immediate implementation and deployment of AIDC.
The following documents were presented during the implementation of activity:
4.2.4: Support ASEAN ATM Master Plan – Workshop 4: Transition from AIS to AIM
July 18, 2019
The activity was kindly hosted by ICAO APAC - Bangkok Regional Office from 12 to 14 of June 2019. The objective of the workshop including:
1) To support ASEAN Member States in their continued transition from AIS to AIM, providing proposals for a structured way forward in their move to AIM. European experts will share their experiences and help develop an understanding to a greater depth of the activities needed to be undertaken to achieve the requirements of ICAO Annex 15;
2) To provide information on the ICAO initiative to develop a Go-Team Support, a results-based implementation support process organised to provide support to Member States in their implementation of Annex 15 and PANS-AIM; and
3) Enable participants to determine the best way forward linked to the transition from AIS to AIM, concentrating on the regional priorities set by APANPIRG in 2014 and the monitoring of the developments in the area of AIM, providing presentations on issues such as:
· The setup and running of a Quality Management System;
· Data Management in a digital environment; and AIM Training.
The following documents were presented during the workshop:
4.2.5(a) :Support ASEAN ATM Master Plan – Workshop 4 The development of version 2 of the ASEAN ATM Master Plan
July 18, 2019
The activity was kindly hosted Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore from 4 to 5 of July 2019. The objective of the workshop including:
To support ASEAN Member States in the planning and preparation of the development of Version 2 of the ASEAN ATM Master Plan;
To discuss possible new ATM concepts and technologies that should be included and prioritised in version 2 of the ATM Master Plan, and
To allow for a discussion amongst ASEAN experts on the overall aim of the second version of the Plan, and also to have a first discussion on possible content of the plan and its relation to the proposed new version of the ICAO Seamless ATM Plan
The following technical documents were presented during the workshop